Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

The beginning...

It is not just about loosing weight... It is about being healthy... It is about being a better person...  It is about more organized... And ultimately it is about being more satisfied... 

IIt is about enjoying what you do and being able to do what you enjoy - not just today, but for a long way to come!

The realization came in January - I needed to do something...  - the day I turned 33... 40 is not that far... While 40 might not be really old, but I feel it is an age where if you are in good health, you can truly, fully enjoy life!

So, my aim is to beat that diabetes that I might inherit from my mother's family... 

My aim is to understand my flaws and to take action to correct them... To make my body and my mind ready to enjoy life!!

The year I will be 41, my son will be a teenager! I really want to be able to spend a lot of active time with him... I imagine long bike rides, basketball in the backyard, jogging in early morning! But the current state that I am in, I am pretty far from being able to do this...

And I want to loose weight in a healthy fashion for that! I do not want to crash diet and then fall off the wagon one day gain all the weight I lost (maybe even more) back! 

My journey to 65 might never reach that landmark - 65 kg - or it could go way beyond that... But to motivate myself I've chosen to target 65...

65 is far from my ideal weight... If I trust the online calculators, at 5'1" I should weigh 54 kg. But I'm choosing to target 65 - because that was how much I weighed when I was in college and I was truly comfortable with my body then... 

So 65 it is...

And my journey begins today...

I have started making better choices... I am eating vegetable salad with some boiled egg white thrown in along with one slice of bread for breakfast and lunch... I'll go light on the dinners, and will be having some steamed veggies or vegetable soup... 

I have also started exercising...

30 mins of hard core interval training followed by a free weight regime... I'll be alternating the cardio workout everyday of the week so that I do not get bored with it...

The plan looks good!!!

Let us see how it works out...

Wish me luck!!!

If you have a weight loss blog, do leave me a comment so that I can follow you and we can share our experiences and motivate each other...



3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see you set a goal. April of 2011 I set a goal to lose so far I've lost 40kg and need to lose more. I've been having trouble staying with it and found your blog this morning so I am going to start over with you. The thing that worked for me was lowering fat, no sugar and limiting starches. All the veggies and fruits I wanted to eat with daily exercising. Today is a new day my goal is to loss 20kb. Lets go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to convert pounds to kilos to figure this out. but I'm going to follow and if I get brave enough I'll join in. We're starting at our house this upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm 68 years old and find myself healthy, but overweight. When I was 40 I was slim and healthy but the pounds have crept up on me. I'm in the process of loosing a few pounds, I've lost 6 and have 14 more to go.

    ReplyDelete